At Devonshire Junior Academy we believe in educating the whole child. While we focus on ensuring all children reach their academic potential, we also understand that we are helping to shape future citizens. Therefore, our aim is that all children leave us with strong values: fairness, kindness, and tolerance as well as the confidence, independence and critical thinking skills to make the most of their opportunities in life.
We believe in the power of strong, positive relationships to help children grow and mature and so are mindful to include parents as valued partners. We value all our children equally. We are ambitious for them and we will go the extra mile for all our children, whatever their needs.
In order to achieve this Devonshire Junior Academy:
- Engages children in an exciting, innovative curriculum which is built on real life experiences.
- Provides each child with the knowledge and skills they will need to be successful.
- Develops resilient, responsible and aspirational citizens.
- Provides a safe and happy place to learn where everyone is unique and valued.
- Works alongside our parents, carers, community and Trust partners.